SLC was as beautiful as I remembered. This time I saw more people that looked like me! I guess a lot has changed there since the Olympics in 2002?!

Funny story... actually, I have two funny stories! First one - on my 2nd day there it snowed! I loved it! I was only a couple of blocks from the office, so I decided to not rent a car. So, here I am walking to the office, it's snowing, it's quiet, it's peaceful, and I'm just a happy camper... then I decided to cross over the grass to the parking lot. m i s t a k e ... fresh snow + grass + sloping hill = ... you guessed it! I fell down the hill. Not only did I fall, I then slid ... LOL! I literally had to crawl back up the hill. There was no standing up, because I would have just slid backwards. Just call me GRACE! I laughed so hard and with my hood pulled up, I managed to fog up my glasses.. wonder if that was captured on the cameras in the parking lot...
Second funny story? You know how I said there were more people that looked like me? Well, I guess not enough to keep one of the cafeteria workers from welcoming me to the building! ... Let that marinate for a minute. She smiled and welcomed me to the building! Now, I live in Atlanta, and a new employee at a large corporation would not even get noticed! But, she actually said, "Welcome to the building" - I felt like I had been welcomed to a new planet! WTH???
Oh well, it's all good. I'm back at home, working away and life is good!
Now, on to my test locks! On Sunday, 11/1/09, I met with Wanda my Sisterlock consultant. She went over everything from hair types, the history of Sisterlocks, the care of my hair after the installation and any questions that I might have had. She was very thorough! No products in my hair, no conditioners, oil, nothing. Ok, I guess I can live with that. She seemed to assume that my hair would be difficult to lock... and then she actually put her hands in my hair and decided that my hair would probably lock in 6 months! HAHAHAHAHA!!! Yeah, you think my hair is curly, silky and soft... and then you subtract conditioner and you have what??? Hair that wants to LOCK! I love it! Let it do what it wants to do.
We had scheduled an hour, and we used up that entire hour. After the education portion of my appointment, we moved to her station, and she quickly put in 3 test locks. She wrote down what pattern she used in each lock, and that was it. Second assumption on her part... she thought my test locks would cur
l up. Nope! They hung straight down and only the ends had little curls.
I realize that everyone has hair that is unique to them. I can't wait to see what mine is going to do. I think my hair is going to surprise everyone - including me!
I scheduled my appointment for 11/20 - 21/09 tentatively. Unless something comes up, that will be the day(s) of my installation! I am so excited. I'm nervous, but excited. The pics of my test locks are below:


Based on the closeup of these pics, I now know that the color I've been using to cover up my gray hair is lighter than my natural hair. Another thing to fret about... I don't want multi-colored locks, so I need to figure that out before I get locked.. *sigh*
Another funny story - today I received an email from my best friend LB with links to natural hair websites. She had sent me a link to http://www.sisterlocks.com/ !!! I cracked up! I immediately called her and told her that Sisterlocks was what I was getting! ok, after we stopped laughing, she told me that she thought it was a great idea and was so excited and happy for me. The funny thing is that sometimes when we talk to our family or friends about things, they just smile and shake their heads and it's not until later that the light really goes on! Funny stuff!
Ok, again I have rambled on and on. My posts will take you all the way from Atlanta, GA to Salt Lake City, UT and back! If you're still reading... bless you!
Peace and Blessings!
Evie






No comments:
Post a Comment