Must be kind of like childbirth... or menopause... no one really tells you the ugly truth. We see the end result, a beautiful baby, a mature, self-confident woman, a head of beautiful mature locks, and we are running to jump on the train... well, I'm here to tell you that childbirth hurts like hell, menopause sucks and Day 1 of having your locks installed makes you question your sanity and everything you have known up to this point in life (at least for me)...
That being said, I am now one happy camper! I know that there are women cutting off their locks for whatever reason, and that's fine with me. They are at a different point in their personal journey. This however is my journey. My life. And for me at this particular point in time, this is exactly what I want. I am looking forward to my personal journey. I know that I will have bad hair days ahead. So what? I had them before!
I can't explain it, but I feel more like myself now that I have in a very long time. The pics below are after rolling on various sizes of sponge rollers.
Peace and Blessings!
Evie










Yaaaay! You did it! Welcome home ;-) Your locks look great!
ReplyDeleteHaha, I have braidlocks, but I had the SAME reaction! I looked like a PLUCKED CHICKEN, and I was like ummmmmm... But now I am finally seeing that its going to work out (like 2 months later!)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful beginnings!!!
ReplyDeleteWelcome to the Sisterlocks family!! You are off to a great start.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations and welcome!
ReplyDeleteThanks everyone! Your support is very much appreciated.
ReplyDeleteCongrats! They look great (so far). I am starting my journey next weekend.
ReplyDeleteCongrats to you Evie, they look great! I got my SL installed by Wanda on Nov 11-12. I had the same reaction after the first day, I didn't even look at or touch them when I got home. LOL Now 3 1/2 weeks later, I'm loving it.
ReplyDeleteHeritage natural hair salon is most unprofessional hair salon in California. The consultants are never on time, and they will never tell their clients if the sista locks is for them, instead they will continue to take your money and make you believe that everyone can wear sista locks. That is no true is base on your hair texture.
ReplyDeleteThis hair salon only goal is to make money off of people misfortunes. I have asked my consultant on several occasions if this was the right choice. The answer, I would get as I paid monthly, was it takes time for your hair to lock.
I asked my consultant Julia Walker to take my hair out. She became upset and decides that she did not want to provide services anymore. Instead of having an adult conversation about discontinuing services she book another person in my slot.
Julia then tried to act as if it was my fault that she was 20-mintues late without call me. It was to my surprise when called the shop 1-hour later she had already booked another person in my slot for that same day.
This is not the kind of services; African American Women should have to endure. The purpose the sista locks is to have a unify bond. This salon purpose is only about making money..............