My hair and scalp felt great! I squeezed the water from my hair and when it felt reasonably dry, but still slightly damp, I removed the clips and rolled my hair on my trusty sponge rollers. I didn't get a picture of my hair rolled, but I have various sizes of sponge rollers and there is no set pattern of how I roll my hair.
The end result was quite cute. My hair was crinkly with a slight curl and I had no slippage or unraveling of my locks. Yay!!!
I do however have the itchies! For the past 11 months, I have only used water and Kinky Curly Curling Custard on my hair. No oils at all. It seems strange to me that my scalp would feel so itchy but it does. My hair doesn't feel dry but my scalp is dry. When I run my fingers through my hair, I have a small snow storm!
I decided to try my Tea Tree Therapeutic Toner on my scalp and the itchiness is gone! The toner is for the face, but it contains Tea Tree Oil, Aloe Vera gel, Rose Water, Witch Hazel and water. It seems to be safe so far. The undiluted Tea Tree oil is just too much for me - the smell is very strong and I'm afraid to put oil directly on my scalp. The spray toner feels like water and it definitely helps.
Happy doesn't come close to what I'm feeling!
Peace and Blessings,
Evie
Pre-wash, twist and clip: I know to braid and band but for me, twist and clip is much easier.
My hair after washing, curled on sponge rollers.
What I use on my hair: Sisterlocks Starter shampoo, water, Tea Tree Therapeutic Oil spray (on scalp only).















Hi Evie
ReplyDeleteYour locs look great. I too have tried the twist and clip and it worked for me. I do braid and band though but use the thick elastic covered bands so that I'm not digging round in the lock trying to remove the elastic band.
Great solution or the itchies and yes, it does get better.
You'll be surprised at how quickly your hair changes. Keep blogging. I look forward to journeying with you.
I just read your profile. You are a phenomenal woman, and though we don't know each other, I want you to know that I love you! I can tell you have such a big heart and uplifting spirit.
ReplyDeleteAnd Stevie Wonder is my FAVORITE!