



It got me to thinking... maybe our hair doesn't change
textures after chemo. Maybe we are just seeing our natural hair for the first time in decades!!! Many times when getting my hair done, beauticians would tell me that I had beautiful hair... I wondered how they could tell. Here I sat in their chair getting a touch-up and they were telling me that I didn't really need one. I didn't understand. I had never been taught how to care for my hair in it's natural state, so I could not comprehend what they were trying to tell me.We need to come up with Hair 101 - and maybe my journey to getting Sisterlocks is teaching me not only what my natural hair looks like, but how to love and care for my natural hair. Tonight, I co-washed my hair. I learned that co-washing is washing your natural hair with conditioner, and the results were amazing!
So my lessons for the day are:
1) To embrace and appreciate my beautiful, natural hair
2) To learn how to care for my natural hair
3) To teach my future grandchildren to love themselves just as God created them
4) To eliminate the word nappy from my vocabulary or at least see the word as a positive vs. a negative description
5) To educate myself all over again about what my hair really can do!
6) To accept myself just as I am
7) To love myself just as I am
8) To stop comparing myself to anyone
9) To look in the mirror and grin like a fool!!!
Peace and Blessings!
Evie






Well said!
ReplyDelete