Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Consultation Scheduled!!!

Ok, life just keeps getting better and better...

First I meet Mr. French Accent... OOPS!!! Let me back up! ->>> sound of car screeching to a halt <<<- !!! First, I now have a job... a J.O.B.!!! Praise God and Halleluia!!! How could I forget to post that??? Yes folks and creditors, Ms. Evie will be starting an absolutely wonderful job on 10/26/09! You know how if you could make a list of everything you would want in a job and you take that list and show it to God? Well, let me tell you - God took my list and gave me EXACTLY what I wanted and then some. I actually prayed for the perfect job for me, and that's exactly what I received. The perfect job for me. After nine months of being unemployed, I now have a job doing what I love. God gave me the time to rest and restore my mind, body and spirit. Then when the tears started to flow, out of my confusion and fear (yes I admit I was getting scared), I simply asked God for the perfect job for me. Not with "this company" or "that job", but just give me the perfect job for me and he did.

Happy Dance!!!






Second, I met Mr. French Accent... to be continued! LOL!!!

Third, I have my consultation scheduled for 11/1/09! After screening several certified consultants, asking a ton of questions, stalking blogs and websites, looking at thousand of pictures, well you get the idea.. I found a consultant that seems to be the right fit for me. She answered all my questions, and we scheduled my consultation. I am beyond excited!

Last Sunday, I went to church with my son JD and his girlfriend DD. She asked me if I was still going to get Sisterlocks, and I said yes, as soon as I found the right consultant. Well, wouldn't you know it? We sat behind a woman with traditional locks that hadn't been retightened this year... her friend sitting next to her had braids with fuschia colored hair woven into her braids. Now this isn't meant to offend anyone, this is just my personal opinion. This is my blog, so I can voice my opinion, right? Neither hair style appealed to me. Natural or not.

Did I mention that DD was having one of those hair days that when she stepped out of the car and into the sunlight, the clouds parted, the choir started singing and the wind caught her hair just enough to blow it towards her face...but her precision cut was so on point, that every strand just as easily blew the other way and every single strand fell into place??? ... ok, I might be exaggerating, but just a little. I swear, her hair looked fabulous! I wanted to run - not walk, to the nearest salon and get back on the creamy crack!!! I was having a moment !!!

It took me a couple of days to calm down. We must take care of our hair - I don't care if you are wearing it natural or relaxed. Since I am such a stickler for taking care of my hair, I realized that the women that sat in front of me are not a representation of what I am seeking. Natural or not. DD's hair looked fabulous, but I want to keep my hair natural - so I move forward with my decision to get Sisterlocks. Now that I have a paying job, I can afford to get Sisterlocks and for me I know that this is the right decision.

Ok, this post is all over the place! Just wanted to give an update. When I get back from training, I have a couple of days before my consultation, so I will post pics then.

Stay Blessed!
Evie

No comments:

Post a Comment