On my birthday (9/28), I sat at my desk thinking about the past year and feeling happy, content and peaceful despite still being unemployed. I thanked God for this time to recover, recuperate and refresh not only my body, but my mind and my spirit.
I looked out the window at the trees changing colors and that's when I noticed it. A bright golden leaf hanging on in the blowing wind... it swirled this way and that way, but it didn't fall. I smiled and went to make coffee. Later on, I looked up and noticed that the wind was picking up again. I looked for the leaf expecting to see that it had fallen, but no it was still there spinning and swirling in the wind... wow - I felt like the leaf was dancing for me. Just me.
Now I know that it was my birthday and all, but it was kind of a strangely quiet day. Nothing out of the ordinary. Except for that bright, golden leaf - dancing for me in the wind! Looking back at the miracle of that leaf, I now wish that I had taken a picture of it, but I will have the memory.
I have survived breast cancer. Again. Every day is a miracle. For God to allow me to experience that beautiful, golden, dancing leaf ... it made me realize that my life is golden. I have been spun around, blown this way and that. Yet... Praise God I am still here!
The next day I sat at my desk and looked out the window... my dancing leaf was somewhere on the ground with hundreds of other golden leaves but the miracle in me lives on. God has blessed me abundantly and I thank him for one more year to enjoy the beauty of life all around me. Life may abruptly change and send you spinning, but remember this - miracles still exist and God's mercy is unfailing.
Be Blessed!
Evie
Women Who Run Their Lives
1 year ago






God bless you Evie!! You are truly a fighter.
ReplyDeleteI will remember you in my prayers.