Tuesday, November 30, 2010

It's been a year!!! WooHoo!

Well, there's not much to update about my hair other than I simply love it more and more every day!  I missed my one year update because a friend was going thru a personal tragedy and posting was the last thing on my mind.

I had my retightening on Saturday, and I am really thinking about taking the class.  I want to be able to do it myself in case something comes up, for financial reasons, or if I just don't want to drive 30 miles... I love my consultant!  She is absolutely wonderful and after the ordeal that I went thru with my original consultant, she is a gift from God!  However, I could still go to her a couple of times a year to make sure I haven't done any irreversible damage.  I love the freedom!

Funny story...I was taking a nap and I had my scarf on (I'm really concerned about getting any lint in my hair, so I always put on a scarf when sleeping).  Anyway, I was expecting a package and my UPS man is well...cute!  I snatched off that scarf, ran my hands thru my hair to fluff it up and opened the door!  I realized that back in the day, pre-Sisterlocks, I wouldn't have been able to do that!  Waking up cute is worth the price of admission!  LOL!

Also, I was in Cost Plus and there were two cashiers.  One excitedly asked me, if I had Sisterlocks.  I said yes, and then the other cashier said, "Oh, so those are Sisterlocks".  Now cashier #2 had traditional locks.  They were very neat and on the small side.  She said, "So what's the big deal about Sisterlocks?"  Cashier #1 just smiled at me.  I said well, they were created by a brilliant woman to give us choices on how we lock and style our hair.  Her reply..."locks are locks".  Ok... anywho... I didn't feel defensive, it just made me think.  Yes, technically locks are locks, but for me Sisterlocks are beautiful and my personal choice for my hair.

It's not about one being better than the other, it's a personal choice on styling.  It's about FREEDOM!  Ok, I'm off my soapbox now. 

Peace and Blessings,
Evie

3 comments:

  1. Congrats! I know you are excited. Do keep that scarf on though. I never sleep with one and starting tonight I will because I have lint at the top of my head! I do see the "disdain" that goes on between those that have traditional vs. sisterlocks sometimes, but I like them wither way and yes it is all about personal choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your 1 year Evie! "Waking up cute is worth the price of admission!"...ha! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! And you're sooo right. It's TOTALLY about freedom.

    ReplyDelete