Thursday, April 22, 2010

Annoyed..

Ok, yes I am annoyed... my re-tightening appointment has been rescheduled not once, not twice but 3 times! I mean really??? Listen, I understand that things come up, but for my loctician to not only reschedule me but to pawn me off on another loctician who I'm not even sure is certified? I don't see her name on the Sisterlock website... well, that's not exactly true. I don't see her name because I don't know her last name yet! Just the first name, which I won't say here on my blog, but suffice it to say that I will be looking for another loctician.

This makes me want to run back to the creamy crack sometimes! I mean, I am 50+ and I have been to a lot of salons over the years. As I got older, I started going to higher end salons - you know the ones that put your appointments in the computer and can schedule your follow-up appointments for a year out. Not only that, but they call you to remind you of your appointment a few days beforehand! I know it's a little thing, but good service is what keeps you coming back! And great customer service will make you a loyal customer.

I'm not asking for special treatment, but just write down the appointment. Hell, put it on your calendar. Most phones have a calendar but if all else fails, find a calendar and put your clients on there. Here's a thought, how about their name, phone number and what they're coming in for. Maybe I'm getting bumped for a more expensive session such as an install... who knows.

The last time I went for a re-tightening, I was pushed off on another consultant. It had been about 8 weeks, and I had a lot of new growth! Now as good as she was, she was also slower than my regular consultant - who by the way was there, working on someone else! But I digress... she not only was slow, but the appointment took twice as long! For a regular re tightening, it's $95.00 and then $30.00 per hour for each additional hour! Needless to say,it got very expensive! So at that point, I made sure that I would come back in 4 - 5 weeks! Well, no because my appointment has been pushed out to 6 weeks and I'm sitting here feeling the new growth knowing that it will take longer than 3 hours, and I'm just annoyed... on the edge of angry!

At this point, I am stuck. I need to get my hair done, so I will bite the bullet and go next week, but I also know myself and when I feel like this, I know that I will soon move in another direction! I will find someone that values my time, as much as I value theirs. Any suggestions for a Sisterlock consultant in Atlanta? I'm not mentioning any names here, but just know that if my re-tightening doesn't go well, I might just put their poor service on blast!

Sorry, just had to vent...

Annoyed in Atlanta
a.k.a. Evie

7 comments:

  1. Don't walk, but run to another consultant. Also, going more often can be more expensive than going every 8 weeks and staying/paying for an extra hour. I would do the math and see which option would cost you more in the long run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lock University!

    After researching and hoping to find the perfect consultant, I'm beginning to realize that I need to move on.. and you're right about doing the math! I will definitely work on finding a cost effective routine.

    Right now, my main goal is to find someone that can maintain a reasonable schedule and stop with the last minute phone calls to reschedule.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lock University said it all... so I just wanted to give you a hug, cos that doesn't sound like the sort of 'Sisterlocks experience' we signed up for... if you're gonna end up waiting around or being rescheduled etc how would that make SLs any different from the stress of the relaxer salon?
    Hope you find someone who is worth their weight in gold (and who respects you and your time)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! At first I thought maybe I was overreacting, but I believe we teach people how to treat us and if I'm not treated as a valued customer and my time isn't respected, then I need to move on to another salon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry to hear of you unfortunate experience, I reside in Atlanta and am a newbie as well(5/20/10). My loctician is Alva Clemmons and she is on the registry for Atlanta and she has a VERY NICE shop and she is very professional.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Melinda!

    Thank you so much for your encouragement. I found a loctician about 5 weeks ago, and she is wonderful. Actually, I'm going for a retightening this Friday. I will keep Alva's name in my list in case I ever need her.

    Welcome to the Sisterlock family! It is truly a blessing and a wonderful experience. I have found a new family of dynamic, beautiful women that are willing to share their knowledge and experiences as well as their locticians! Enjoy the journey and thank you again!

    Evie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!!!! So sorrry to hear you had such a bad experience. I am considering sister locks and the thought of spending all the money and not getting great customer service is scary! I know that as a Godly person we should treat each other with the utmost respect and kindness. Please allow others to know who you have gone to and like and also the ones you don't. Mayvbe the ones who do not maintain professionalism will read the blogs and get their business in order.

    Sharifa

    ReplyDelete