Well, it's been almost 2 months since my last post! Wow, time really does fly. Since my last post, I have found a new loctician and she is awesome. As a matter of fact, I have an appointment for a retightening this Friday. She is not only extremely professional, but my time in her chair flew by! She even called me after my first appointment to see if I had any questions. What an amazing difference!
My hair is behaving nicely, and I have no complaints. Sometimes when I'm on a conference call, I pull out my mirror and just study my locs! I work from home, so it's not as crazy as it might sound... LOL!
I thought that I would be super obsessed with my hair, but I haven't been. I braid and band (most of the time), and I wash when I think it's time. I try to keep my locs separated when it gets close to needing a retightening. Sometimes when I'm studying a loc, I will look at the frizzies or the loose hair or the ends that haven't sealed yet... and it's just fascinating to me. I don't think one loc looks better than the other, although I have found some that were combined and I didn't realize it. I try to intuitively give my hair what it needs, more moisture, etc.
The other day I was in the grocery store when a woman approached me. She smiled and asked me if I had Sisterlocks? I said yes, and she was genuinely excited and asked if she could take a closer look. She obviously had been doing her homework and asked about my loctician, consultation, time involved, etc. I think that the person that installed my Sisterlocks did a great job. That being said, I could recommend her to install them but after that, I would have to issue a warning... If you aren't concerned with a trainee working on your hair, then it would be a great choice. I think being informed is the best defense. Go in knowing what you're in for. Ask lots of questions and then relax and learn to love your hair. Do not compare your process to anyone else and just enjoy! Those are my personal recommendations. Oh yeah, one more thing... if something doesn't feel right, stand up for yourself! Walk away if necessary and always, always expect the best. That applies to life as well as to your Sisterlocks! LOL!
For everyone that commented on my recent "Annoyed" post, thank you! Your words of encouragement helped me thru a rough time.
Peace and Blessings!
Evie






Wow!! Look how much your hair has grown!!! It is beautiful! I remember your first post. What a HUGE difference!!!
ReplyDeleteYour locs are looking beautiful....Growing and looking healthy.
ReplyDelete