Thursday, September 2, 2010

Little loc lost...

Well, I've heard about losing a loc here and there, but I was shocked to find this little loc after I removed my silk scarf!  WTH???  I am so careful with my hair, and to find this little broken loc stranded and looking so forlorn and lost was a shock to me.  It was actually sad because I thought I was taking such good care or my hair.  I did notice that it was feeling a bit dry, but I didn't do anything about it.  Then I noticed that my scarf felt like it was pulling on my locs, but again, I didn't do anything about it.  And then... 
Little lost loc... so sad!

I looked down and there it was... a broken loc!  what the heck just happened?

Well, I will go back to moisturizing and maintaining my locs on a 5 week regular basis!  While I do go for my retighteninigs every 5 - 6 weeks, I wasn't moisturizing..  I wasn't drinking enough water.., and when I was tired I would just tie my hair up in my silk scarf the best I could. not really paying attention to any locs that might have been caught in the mix.  So needless to say, I wasn't treating my locs with the kindness and care that I should have and the result?  A broken loc that spoke volumes!  Well, no more!  I am going back to being the obsessive crazy woman that I know and love!  I will treat my hair with the utmost respect and care possible, and hopefully I won't find anymore little lost locs.

Peace and Blessings!
Evie

1 comment:

  1. Hi Evie, thanks for the tip about not using oil because after using the shampoo that always come to my mind at times. The sisterlocks starter shampoo give my hair a funny feeling, but the next day my natural oils build up great after keeping my hair wrap at night. My sisterlocks are changing fast! I will post some new picture before February.

    ReplyDelete