Thursday, December 22, 2011

It's been over a year?!

Wow!  I can't believe it has been over a year since my last post!  A lot has happened in my life, but I still love my locs.  I  used to wonder how anyone could not post for awhile, but now I get it.  My locs are just a part of my life. 

I was a product junkie. I have products under my bathroom sink that would rival any drugstore or beauty supply store.  What would moisturize my hair, detangle my hair, add shine to my hair.. well, you get the idea.  I am throwing away products that I bought thinking that they would make my hair better.  This of course, was before Sisterlocks.  I couldn't bear to throw full bottles away, so they have sat under my sink for 2 years! 

Well, after my son accused me of being a hoarder I took a good, long hard look at what I had under the sink and began to throw stuff away - 1 bottle, then 2 or 3... it was painful thinking about all the money that I had spent on these products.  But now I shampoo with Neutrogena Clarifying Shampoo, and go.  I condition sometimes, but for the most part I let my hair do what it wants to do.

So, after a year away from blogging and just letting my hair be, I have realized that keeping my hair clean is the ultimate goal.  My hair is growing, looks healthy and is basically maintenance free!  I love it.

Peace and Blessings,
Evie

No comments:

Post a Comment